Too Much Info

My Weight Loss Journey

Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Weekend

So Aaron was off of work on Thursday and Friday and so that was my 4th of July weekend. On Thursday we went to eat at Red Lobster (lunch menu, much cheaper) and I had popcorn shrimp and a salad(no tartar sauce like usual, I opted for cocktail sauce b/c it was lighter on the calories). We went to the movies after that to see Wanted with Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie- you wanna see a movie? See that one! It is the best movie I have seen in years! Aaron HAD to have popcorn so I let him get it but I didn't eat any of it, instead I munched on a couple starburst candies. Later that night we went to Walmart to get our groceries for the week(ever since I discovered Walmart groceries were so much cheaper we have been able to keep the bill under $100 every week!!)...then we stopped at Taco bell and each got 2 hard shell tacos and pulled over to watch fireworks being set off while we ate them. Then we came back home and me and Aaron set off playing Crash Bandicoot on Playstation trying to beat it. Very fun day and I loved it. On Friday(the 4th) we wanted to really have fun because it is my fave holiday and it seems like a lot of the time we are always doing something besides what we want to do on holidays so this year we decided we were going to do our own thing and screw anyone who didn't like it. So we went to the NC Zoo in Asheboro. It was so much fun but God I wish someone woud have warned me about all the hills!! Yikes! I made it 3/4 of the way through the Africa side of the zoo and had to rent a wheelchair to make it the rest of the way! Poor Aaron had to push me around the rest of the park- no I wasn't being lazy. I sit down the majority of the day so any physical activity kills me when I do and this was no different. I felt like I was dying!! Everything was uphill and I was slowing us down because I had to stop and sit every 2 minutes. I knew I was out of shape but I didn't know it was that bad geez! The heat didn't make it any easier on us but we made it through and had a great time in the process. Did I mention the water in the park was $3.00!! So we opted to have lunch outside the park- oh and by the way, breakfast was McDonald's- we got there as they started serving lunch so I had 2 cheeseburgers and a Sprite for breakfast. Lunch was Arby's- I had a sprite, a medium fry, and a medium roast beef sandwich. We came home and it was storming. We played some more Crash until it was time for the fireworks show here in Davidson. We drove into the town and watched them- they were okay, there was an annoying tree in the way but we saw the majority of them. We decided we were hungry for some dinner so we went to Taco Bell and I ordered Nachos Bell Grande and a sprite. Came home, watched TV, then went to bed. Aaron had to go back to work today and I was sad because the past 2 days were great. But I needed to get myself back on track eating wise- anyhow I told you all of that to say this: I thought for sure I was going to pack on 20 pounds from eating like a cow! So this morning I step on the scale for my weekly weigh in and what do I see? 214.5! This is the same thing I weighed last Saturday!! I was stoked! And believe it or not I learned something this weekend- I need, really need, my treadmill. I think it misses me so I am going to start spending more time with it. It was really embarrassing to be rolling around the zoo in a wheelchair when people 2X as big as me didn't need one. So I will be working on that. Anyhow I am sure I have bored everyone to death so I am signing off- be back later with more updates!

1 Comments:

At July 6, 2008 at 1:12 PM , Blogger xRhonda07x said...

You go girl. Your doing great with your weight loss. Some days you just have to splurge on things you really want. That's too cool that the scale weighed the same. Keep up the great work. Even though it stayed the same. It is still great. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home